Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Inside Mom's Lewy Body Affected Mind - Part One (the intro)

Because recent events have occurred, it dawned on me what it must be like inside Mom's mind.  Seriously, it means taking my imagination and delving into a dream world of reality (there's an oxymoron for you).

I'm not that sure anyone really understands what I tell them, and I shudder to consider filming it as that might seem a bit lurid and using her in a shameless and humiliating manner.  

Following is a clip of a trailer by a man whose father succumbed to LBD.  This may/may not be what we should expect, as Mom is still calm.  For some, the man in the clip may seem a little belligerent, but to me he seems playful.  

Although the subject following doesn't truly parallel the experience we have with Mom, he is in the late stages of Lewy Body.  I wanted something that would reflect her, but we must remember there are others out there dealing with this disease on their own terms.  I'm sure you'll appreciate this filmmaker's experience.




It's one thing to look on the surface, and understand that there are changes going on in the brain which aren't, exactly, positive.

If you go back and look at the man, himself, and realize he seemed normal and then LBD came and changed his entire world.   Luckily someone was there for him, but for many there is stark solitude and neglect.

I did try to locate a clip of a neuron affected by LBD, but no site seemed to have a short clip, and I didn't wish to subject anyone to a lengthy film which was to serve such a tiny purpose.

Then, I realized it might be better to write about her thinking as it presents, as it may be of more interest.

To be honest, I did want to keep this posting short, but after considering its length, it seemed best to put it into 2 parts.

Consider this the introduction and Thursday's post the actual post.

I hope you find this intriguing and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment