Sunday, March 15, 2015

Feisty and Still Raring to - - Rest...or The Week Ending 03/15/2015

Another week has passed.  Not much newsworthy - Except - - - -

On Wednesday, the Ladies came by for their visit.  I had asked them to get Mom to try on her new pants.  Well, after Scrabble, chit-chatting and all, Mom was too tired when asked to try them on.

Seriously.

When they brought them out, Mom sat in her chair and declared her inability to do anything but rest.  Arrrrg!
So, I tried phoning to see if the staff at St. A's would be able to get her to make an attempt.  Nope!  She flat out refused.

So, how do we get this woman to try on new clothes and toss aside those that are looking well-worn?

Today I came in with two new tops for her to try on.  I had exchanged the ones from last Sunday and Mom reluctantly agreed when I stated she could just fit it over what she was already wearing.  Sighingly, begrudgingly, and snarling, she agreed.  These were but one size smaller than the ones previously - but she stated they made her look too busty.  I mentioned that it wasn't the shirts, themselves, and she gave me the evil eye.  Then, she continued wearing the blue one over her blue paisley long-sleeved shirt.

She took off her bone necklace and talked about putting the shirt in the box with it.  To be honest, I was confused.  So, this led to a chat about her necklace.

We also spoke of the trips she had taken to Mexico, which, at first, she denied ever having taken.  I spoke of the trips to the Yucatan to visit the ruins with Dad and friends, trips to Acapulco and Mazatlan with Nadya and Dad.  She stated they never happened.

Then, she began speaking of one trip down there and her memories of how wonderful it was as if the previous comments and discussion had never been.  Oh well.

Finally, the pants.  

I told Mom she needed to try them on or we weren't going anywhere.
"I'm too tired for all this!" she exclaimed.  "I need to sit down and relax!"
"You can do that after you put them on and show me how they fit.  Just one pair," I commanded.
"You try them on first.  They look as though they'd be better on you."
"No.  I bought them for you in the ladies' section of the store.  I need you to try them on to see if they fit, or if I need to exchange them for a smaller size.  Now, stop wasting my time and get busy."
Finally, she took them and went into the bathroom.
In a few minutes, she poked her head out.
"Hand me the pants."
"You have them, already, in the bathroom.  They're the black ones."
"No, you were going to put them on first."
"No, you took them with you.  Look inside the bathroom, again."
She found them.
She came out and they were just a tad billowy.
"I feel like a freak.  I can't wear these, the other ladies will make fun of me."
"They don't look that bad.  Are they comfortable?"
"I think they're too big!  I want to take them off right now!"
She went back in and changed.  When she came out she demanded a look at the other two pairs I'd bought.  She was horrified at their size.
"I don't wear anything this large!" she declared.  "I wear a 1x if anything."
"Well, I bought the same size as what you have on now."
I put them all in the bag to take back, but she wanted to keep them there.  Ha!

From there we went to Jean's house for a delightful lunch of tilapia, potatoes, and salad.    Mom had ice cream with chocolate sauce after, as well as an apple fritter.  She was quite content.

She acknowledged the flowering trees and the buds bursting forth as we drove.  On the way home the wind was blowing rather hard and we saw a number of fallen branches and trees, as well as power outages at the stop lights.

When we returned the facility had just lost power.  We told Mom this, but she was a little angry when she went in to use the bathroom.  I reminded her, but she said something about people needing to be a little less careless.

So, despite her 'fear' of new clothing, we made headway and it became a pretty good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment