Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What Matters at the End of Life - Defining True Palliative Care

Not long ago, my brother sent me a link.  Now, I'm one of those who tends to push these things aside, but I decided to view this link out of curiosity.  What I discovered was a shot in the arm that was painful yet blissful.  How odd.

The doctor, BJ Miller, MD., tells his story, and then explains palliative care and hospice.  While tending to Mom's needs at this critical point in her life, this helps explain so much, and he's such an effective speaker, I decided I should share this with you.  I hope, indeed, you appreciate it and watch it all the way through. 



As you can see, he's quite frank.  This puts it out there - the differences between hospitals, palliative care and hospice and death, as well - or should I say, dying. 

I'm sure every one of you will be able to take away something personal for yourselves, not only in information, but also with some emotion. 

There are more videos of Dr. Miller on YouTube - just type in his name (BJ Miller) in the search box, and you'll make some discoveries.  Also, you may do the same with more Ted Talks on that site. 

I am grateful for these in helping ease the worry and stress of the current situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment