Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Good Lesson on Lewy Body Dementia

This week I was pondering what would come next for the post.  I had no idea.  It seemed as though I hadn't enough time to settle my thoughts.  And then I noticed something that was staring at me all along - technology!

I'm still reading the books, but I wanted to give my readers (Thank you, by the way!  I'm incredibly humbled by the number of views this blog has had!) something that wasn't just words on a page; I needed something that spoke to them - and VOILA!  I went looking for anything that could illuminate and stimulate us all - YouTube!

The following video(s) (I couldn't get them all in one launch - they didn't come that way and I'm not nearly talented enough to figure out how to glue them together - so your forgiveness, please) explain a goodly amount, and the speaker isn't dull.

I learnt a goodly amount from this, and pieces of the puzzle of Mom began to fall into place.  Yes, I still have questions, and next week, when we see her doctor, I will be able to ask some; but I'm hoping that the referral for a neurologist (someone who deals with LBD patients and isn't trying to put something together last minute) pans out to answer more.

So, please, at your leisure, view the following.  I hope this helps you understand and ask questions which will help guide this blog and us all to a better understanding.

I also need to give credit to the Lewy Body Dementia Association for their production (LBDAtv) of these videos.  I may use more in the future for edification of us all!

Part One - Difficulties in Diagnosing Lewy Body Dementia

Part Two  - Difficultines
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

This has solidified many questions I had - Mom wants more salt - now I understand the need.  There are other portions of this video (in its entirety) that help make sense out of this entire situation.
    Until next time, Have a Wonderful Week!
Mom goes to the dentist tomorrow! Perhaps that will trigger something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment