Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Blissfully Peaceful Week. The Week Ending 9/7/2014

This evening (Sunday) I met with Mom at my brother's house for dinner.  I hadn't seen her in a week, so I was wondering what new elements had sprung for her.

Mom was having a ball tonight!

She was pretty much on top of things this evening!

I gave her a letter from her friend, Sharon, which was under some piles of other items I needed to sort out at home (housekeeping is becoming a nemesis for me), and she was quite glad to have received it.  She read it aloud, sharing it with us all.

I told her about her friend, Mary's, death.  She was a little saddened by it.  She stated she wanted to attend the funeral, so I told her I would see what could be done.  I also told her I'd been in contact with Nadya and her friend Nancy.  I offered my cellphone for her to phone them, but she rejected the idea, as she wanted to do it on her time and far away from anyone else (she had the entire backyard and the rest of the house to do it, so this made no sense).

She had played Scrabble with Jean and Connie on Wednesday, but stated she needed to check with them to make sure it really happened.

She then spoke of her brothers as though Larry, the one who died in January, was still alive.  We discussed family and the lot.  She loved telling both my brother, Lawrence, and me, that we were truly little ABC's (Arguments for Birth Control), and that they should have adopted me out.  This is her sense of humor.

This evening we had a delightful dinner prepared by my sister-in-law, Kathleen, and my brother.  A relish of fresh garden vegetables and grilled steak.  Mom followed this with Black Cherry and Vanilla ice cream which she enjoyed, greatly.

She talked of how she needed to see her friends.  She asked if our dad's mother was still alive, and we talked over much, including my brother, Chris, who she was assuming was joining us, and seemed dismayed when told he would not.
Mom, two years prior, at Nadya's House.

When I took her home she was in a very good mood.  She pointed out all the buildings and the sunset.  She was awestruck by the full moon.

When we arrived at St. A's, she remarked how very tired she was and that she really needed to get to sleep.

I put her in her room, with some little oranges I bought for her, earlier, and the letter and a magazine, and she sat in her chair.  She kissed me goodnight, and wanted to know what time we would have breakfast.  I told her 730, and she countered with 8 am.  I told her I would see what I could do.

A very tired, but happy mother.  Her presentation this evening was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment